Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for scholarships:
General Eligibility Guidelines
- Scholarships are a one-time award granted for the next academic year—to be eligible, the student must be enrolled for the next academic year in a degree-seeking program (undergraduate or graduate) at The Ohio State University.
- Incoming students are eligible. This includes high school, transfer, and graduate students who intend to study at Ohio State next academic year.
- Current students who are graduating and not pursuing another degree program at Ohio State for the next academic year are not eligible.
- We will not be able to award scholarships to students who have already reached their maximum Cost of Attendance (COA) in non-repayable financial aid for the next academic year, such as other scholarships or grants (not loans). Please see Student Financial Aid’s Cost of Attendance page for more information on COA.
- Scholarships are disbursed directly through BuckeyeLink. Half of the scholarship will be disbursed in the fall semester and the remaining half in the spring semester. We cannot disburse scholarships outside BuckeyeLink.
- Eligible students are able to reapply on an annual basis.
- Currently enrolled students must have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0.
- Scholarships may be used for main campus or a regional campus.
Individual scholarships may have additional eligibility criteria in addition to the guidelines listed above; however, you only need to submit one application because ScholarshipUniverse will automatically consider you for every other Scarlet & Gay scholarship you qualify for.